Friday, May 29, 2009

Visit from Mom


My Mom came to visit me in Ottawa in honour of my 45th Birthday. After seeing one of her brothers and his wife in Kingston..she arrived on Tuesday morning. Thankfully we had some sunshine to enjoy and did some gardening as the next 2 days were overcast and rainy. I took her and my sister to Nordik spa for a massage which was lovely.. and then we enjoyed the spa's facilities in the drizzle. I'm a huge hottub fan so I was disappointed that although amazingly beautiful the hottub was merely luke-warm. We spent a bit of time in each of the steam room and sauna. I'm not a fan of either of those for more than 10 minutes if that.. so won't be back to get a massage there. I can do that closer to home. I even emailed them to say the hottub was disappointing and the reply came back that they keep it at 100%. Baloney! We unfortunately weren't allowed to take pics in the spa.. so here's one of the outside the spa :)

No comments: