Thursday, October 17, 2024

Life update

 There's lots to cover here..but succinctly here's what's been going on the last 6 years or so. 6 almost 7 years ago now I purchased a home out in the country. It wasn't off grid but rustic and dirt cheap. I put on an addition. Moved the wood stove out to the addition and purchased a propane stove for the main house. I preferred the wood to be honest because it dries out the house and it's very damp there. But I could not get house insurance with wood being the primary heat source. 

I hadn't even finished the addition before it became necessary for me to move in with my parents back in St Catharines to help my mom care for my dad whose dementia had progressed to the point where he was unmanageable for my mom.

He was a man who had never even taken an aspirin for a headache and it soon became necessary to Medicate him so I had to sneak it into his food. It took 4 different prescriptions before I found one that didn't make him worse or cause side effects 

He passed away June 2020. Soon after my mom's dementia started amping up. The last 4 years has been extremely stressful. In February of this year I got her into long term care. I had about a month of lovely freedom before the most recent nightmare began. They over medicated her and wrecked her..almost killing her. The emotional and psychological impact on me was devastating as I had to investigate, medicare her using outside professional support and fire 2 different doctors and be constantly gaslight. Canada is envied for our "free" healthcare system..but basically it's shit. 




No comments: